2019 Round-up!

So we've reached the end of the year and while I haven't posted for a while I thought I would restart with a round-up of the year!

Days spent in hospital: 79 (11 weeks, 2 days! The joys!!)
HDU stays: 0!!! Down from 3 the year before.

Start weight: 329.2lbs
End weight: 322lbs (success!)

Starting maintenance steroid dose: 35mg prednisolone
Ending maintenance steroid dose: 20mg!
Current dose: 40mg... (good old viruses)

Broken ribs: 2...
Cost to the NHS: I dread to think!

I survived 2019! Honestly at some points it didn't feel like I would. But not only am I ending the year alive but actually the most well I've been for a couple of years!

I finally started immunoglobulin replacement therapy for my immune system in September and to say its helped is a huge understatement. Yes I have to sit around for 2 hours every week with needles in my stomach running my infusion but its a small price to pay to have some of my life back!

The last couple of months have been great, with day trips down to London, holidays with friends and even presenting a poster at a National conference! Things I couldn't even have dreamed of doing at the start of the year. And I've been given the ok by my asthma consultant to try returning to my medical training at the end of January - its my last chance to finish so keeping everything crossed!

I still need pretty regular emergency treatment but for once its feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm so thankful to the NHS staff for keeping me going and all my family and friends for sticking with me throughout all this. And in a weird way I'm grateful for some (definitely not all) of my asthma - I've definitely grown as a person and have now met some amazing friends through it, things I wouldn't want to give up at all despite the rubbish that all comes with it!

Here's to 2020 and the next decade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-evaluating Xolair

The Methacholine/HistamineChallenge